Nebraska Adoption Attorneys
Adoption is a beautiful time for a family. Unfortunately, with all of the joy of adding a new child to your family comes a lot of paperwork and legal hoops to jump through. If you are adopting, whether it is international or domestic, you need an experienced lawyer on your side. The Law Offices of James Hoppe in Nebraska can help you grow your family if you’ve decided to adopt.
Types of Adoption
There are many different kinds of adoption, and all of them require a different approach.
- Adopting through an agency: There are many adoption agencies to choose from, and if you find a child through one of these organizations, they will have their own individual policies.
- Private Adoption: This is an adoption without the aid of an agency, which may be through a referral or through a friend.
- International Adoption: When you’re adopting children from another country, there are different regulations. It often depends on which country you choose to adopt from.
- Foster Adoption: A foster family may wish to legally adopt their foster child. If so, it will be a foster adoption.
- Adult Adoption: It is possible for one adult to legally adopt another adult.
Contested vs. Uncontested Adoption
There may be cases where an adoption is contested by some outside party. If a child’s birth parents are still alive and object to the adoption for some reason, the case will go to court as a contested adoption. You will need excellent representation to prove your case and win the right to be a parent to your chosen child.
Lincoln Nebraska Adoption Attorneys
If you want to adopt, make sure to have a professional experienced team of lawyer on your side. Contact The Law Offices of James Hoppe today to schedule a confidential appointment.